- Alys is a secretary. Yeah, Tej. That's not important at all.
- Ivan's letter to his mother! I love that Desplains keeps making him communicate with her and I wonder exactly what she had to do to make Desplains nag him. Also I want to write a fic about what Alys says when she gets that letter. It would be quite a short fic and rather full of Simon laughing.
- Ivan being all protective of Simon and making sure Tej knows to make allowances for him! ♥
- 'Alys and her Simon' ♥
- burning the offering, oh God how much do I love Alys. 'memory isn't all it's cracked up to be'. There need to be a ton of fics about this, too, oh Alys
- the um-stepfather! Simon diffident! Ivan regretting being quite so snarky about it!
- the Arquas trying to figure out Simon's motives and not getting very far owing to trying money, power and sex but missing the elephants. And Ivan definitely not telling anyone about the secret vice. And Simon the adrenalin junkie, oh yes.
- and how amused am I that the whole 'thirty years working side by side every day' is now properly canon instead of just my inference? And the analogy to having been married thirty years :-)
- ditto Simon using 'I don't remember' any time he wants to dodge a question, thus escaping the question AND seriously wrong-footing the questioner
- Ivan on how to tell the difference between Simon playing at being befuddled and Simon actually having a memory lapse, by using Alys as a barometer
- Alys and Simon running a scam on half of Vorbarr Sultana that Simon is far more severely disabled and Alys his caretaker, oh I do love them and I strongly suspect them of having fun with that
- Simon and By and Ivan's conversation! Oh God that is hilarious. And disturbing. Simon and his 'how do we know what we know' and other sticky traps for the unwary. And Ivan spotting the problem, which is not that Simon is confused but that he is having far too much fun scamming people. Ivan is experienced in spotting scams in action ;-).
- Tej's analysis of Simon and Ivan, Simon being far better at security than at family and not quite sure how to indicate to Ivan that he does like him
- Alys doesn't think Ivan could actually be an idiot! Oh Alys
- Simon quietly hysterical at ImpSec sinking, and that calls for fic too
- for something different: Duv not in the least interested in the money but having historical orgasms over the documents ♥
- Ivan meditating on just how long Simon might have lasted post-chip without Alys, sniffle. That doesn't call for fic at all.
- and the ORB! Just to finish me off completely. Yes, Alys definitely took Simon rather than the other way around, and oh, the mandatory psychological interest questionnaire... there needs to be fic about this too.
So that's kind of what it looked like inside my head, rereading this. I guess this means I'm in the right frame of mind to write Alys/Simon fic, doesn't it?
Crossposted at http://philomytha.dreamwidth.org/95